Almost two years ago, I started to try learning my new Canon Rebel T31 camera and a little about photography as I’ve always loved taking photos, then discovering all the hidden little treasures your actual eyes didn’t notice at the time. To tell you the honest truth, for a while I just used a thrift store, solid black, diaper back to carry my camera and some neoprene cases to hold the 2 lens I had. While that didn’t work out too bad, once I started investing more money – I wanted to protect my investments! That’s when I began my research on camera purses, bags, cases, etc. I ended up buying the Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack from Amazon for around $80. I was able to watch this a YouTube Review I saw on Amazon by NiceOne but it’s no longer up on YouTube so here is another look at it instead 🙂 from JRESHOW .
What was important to me:
- I don’t want it to scream “rob me..I have expensive camera gear in this backpack!”
- Needed to be as light weight as possible (I have a bad back)
- Good padding for shoulders so it’s comfortable
- Sturdy (duh on that, but I LOVE the hard bottom so you can stand the backpack on wet grass, etc. and just wipe it later)
- Lots of pockets as when I am on a “photographic adventure” I use it as my purse too
- Well made to protect my Camera and lens and adjustable velcro compartments so I can customize to fit my particular lens/storage needs
- Outside, easy access pockets for cell, keys and pepper spray (ya never know-best to be safe).
- Easy access to the actual camera without having to open the entire bag!
- Reasonably priced (that’s a biggie) but quality!!
- A place for a water hydration pack which is what I use the laptop area for in the hot, Houston summers and or a rain cover, book, etc. (but your laptop would certainly be safe in the padded area).
Would I buy it again is the real question???…Yes!
Note: As of the time of this post, I have zero affiliation with either Amazon (other than buying from them) or Case Logic and have received not a darn thing for this review in any way, shape or form. Just trying to share good deals with you 🙂
Thanks for stopping by Houston Photo Journey!
Max’s Human and Max